The Order of the Arrow unit Representative is a youth liaison serving between the local OA lodge or chapter and his troop. In his unit, he helps meet the needs of the unit and will serve as a communication and programmatic link to and from Arrowmen, adult leaders and Scouts who are not presently members of the Order. He will do this in a fashion that strengthens the mission of the lodge, purpose of the Order and the mission of the Boy Scouts of America. By setting a good example, he will enhance the image of the Order as a service arm to his unit.
OA Troop/ Team Representative Duties:
- Serves as a communication link between the lodge and the troop.
- Encourages year round and resident camping in the troop.
- Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
- Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
- Assists with leadership skills training in the troop.
- Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the troop.
- Encourages Arrowmen in the troop to be active participants in the lodge and become Brotherhood members.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath, Scout Law and OA Obligation.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Under 18 year old for the entire term – TERM DATES
- Appointed by the Senior Patrol Leader with Scoutmaster Approval
- OA Member in Good Standing (Current Dues Paid)
- Has his own Assistant Scoutmaster Adviser approved by the Scoutmaster
- Reports to the Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Flow of Information:
The following is a list of information that needs to flow between the OA Troop Representative and the Lodge:
- Does the unit conduct monthly campouts?
- Does the unit attend a long-term camp?
- Do the unit’s older scouts participate in high adventure programs?
- Does the unit need assistance with its outdoor program?
- Does the unit need assistance with community service projects?
- Does the unit need assistance with training?
- Do the unit’s OA members participate in Lodge functions? Name of the new OA Troop Representative
- Reaction of the Troop members to the Lodge program
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION:
Does This Position Does Count Towards Rank Advancement For A Leadership Position? (Yes it certainly does) Register your Troop Representative today, here is the LINK TO FORM AND LOCATION.